Monday, April 18, 2011

The Secret of Weight Loss

Shhhh....Want to know the secret to weight loss?

It's not a magic pill, it's not a magic drink, it doesn't guarantee to boost your metabolism, it doesn't cost a million dollars, but if you follow it and you really do it every day, you will see a significant weight loss.

What is this golden key to weight loss?  How can you get it?

It is really rather simple, it doesn't take a lot of time, but it does require a commitment.  It is tracking, writing down everything you eat and being serious about it.

Which of these most fit you?
  • Sort of Sam ( partial tracker) 
  • Amnesiac Anne (forgets some items) 
  • Precise Paul (great tracker..tracks additional details..advanced tracker) 
  • Always Tracks Alan (lists every BLT (bite, lick and taste) 
  • Healthy Helen (records "healthy food" only) 
  • Write it later Rita (intends to write later) 
  • Daytime Don (tracks well all day but stops at night)
When I started my weight loss journey I was the Precise Paul...I tracked everything, with details.  As I continued on my journey I started to become Sort of Sam....and I started seeing my weight loss decreasing...once I got "back to basics" I started losing again.

Why am I talking about this today?  Well, this past weekend we celebrated Vara's (our granddaughter) sixth birthday.  She wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (home made) and lots of frosting!!!  Did I tell you that my next favorite dessert after cheesecake is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting?

Today we celebrated Steve's Birthday by going to his favorite restaurant (Luis's) where we feasted on chips, salsa and tortillas, and yes a couple of beers...Needless to say I am "back to basics" beginning tomorrow.

That is the beauty of Weight Watchers, no matter what today was like, there is always tomorrow and I know that by tracking everything I eat and by tracking my exercise as well, I will be fine.  Life is not defined by eating the same thing every day, life is learning what I need to do to be healthy.  By tracking what I eat and my activity, I know where I am every day, even if I have to use my weekly points plus!!!

As a Weight Watchers leader I will let you in on a little secret.....if you are not seeing the weight loss you expect, track everything you eat and everything you do for at least two days, I promise you that the next week you will see a difference, but it's up to you to REALLY track!!!

Enjoy your week and I will see you on Thursday!!! Don't miss the meeting!!!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment