Sunday, March 6, 2011

Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate

As I am writing this, Steve is singing Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Carol, Happy Birthday to You...  While my birthday isn't until tomorrow, he believes in starting early and celebrating until the last moment of the birthday...so we are starting our celebration early!!!!

My birthday makes me think about celebrations of all kinds...what do you celebrate?  More importantly, how do you celebrate?  This week we are going to talk about celebrations.

Last Thursday after our meeting, I got home and we were called out for a Search for El Dorado County Search and Rescue.  Steve and I loaded our our search packs into the car and headed out for a night of searching for the woman who was lost.  Unfortunately we did not find her.  Again it made me thing about celebrations, but not the ones we usually think about when we say "Celebration."

I guess what I really want to say is celebrate, celebrate, celebrate.  Celebrate the pounds you lose, celebrate the things that are really important, celebrate your family, and most of all celebrate yourself. You have made a choice to change your life and to change you.  Three years ago, I looked at my life and thought, "What is wrong with this picture?  I could walk (but not far), I couldn't trot and I definitely couldn't run!"  Today I run marathons, I hike up mountains and I search for (and hopefully rescue) people who are lost. What has changed?  It isn't the people around me, it is me.  I decided that I was as important as those I love and I chose life...  What is your choice?

Until Thursday....

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment